Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Austria
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Austria holds 45,400,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 77th in the world and accounting for about
0.0% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Total Oil Reserves in Austria are less than even a single year of oil consumption (95,758,648 barrels as of 2016), making Austria highly dependent on oil imports in order to substain its consumption levels.
Global Rank: 77th
| Share of World: 0.00 %
0 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Austria
Oil Consumption in Austria
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Austria consumes 262,352 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Austria ranks 46th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.3% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Austria consumes 1.26 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 8,747,301 people), or 460 gallons per capita per year (11 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Austria
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Austria produces
29,415.20 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 74th in the world.
- Austria produces every year an amount equivalent to 23.6% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Austria imports 56% of its oil consumption (147,702 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production