Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Azerbaijan
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Azerbaijan holds 7,000,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 20th in the world and accounting for about
0.4% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Azerbaijan has proven reserves equivalent to 199.8 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 200 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 20th
| Share of World: 0.42 %
200 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Azerbaijan
Oil Consumption in Azerbaijan
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Azerbaijan consumes 96,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Azerbaijan ranks 81st in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.1% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Azerbaijan consumes 0.41 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 9,736,043 people), or 151 gallons per capita per year (4 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Azerbaijan
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Azerbaijan produces
843,546.25 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 24th in the world.
- Azerbaijan produces every year an amount equivalent to 4.4% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Azerbaijan exports 78% of its oil production (654,629 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production