Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Belize
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Belize holds 6,700,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 93rd in the world and accounting for about
0.000% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Belize has proven reserves equivalent to 4.6 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 5 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 93rd
| Share of World: 0.000 %
5 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Belize
Oil Consumption in Belize
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Belize consumes 4,001 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Belize ranks 183rd in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.004% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Belize consumes 0.46 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 368,400 people), or 166 gallons per capita per year (4 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Belize
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Belize produces
2,000.00 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 101st in the world.
- Belize produces every year an amount equivalent to 10.9% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Belize exports 102% of its oil production (2,030 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production