Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Jordan
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Jordan holds 1,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 96th in the world and accounting for about
0.000% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Total Oil Reserves in Jordan are less than even a single year of oil consumption (41,610,000 barrels as of 2016), making Jordan highly dependent on oil imports in order to substain its consumption levels.
Global Rank: 96th
| Share of World: 0.000 %
0 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Jordan
Oil Consumption in Jordan
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Jordan consumes 114,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Jordan ranks 75th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.1% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Jordan consumes 0.50 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 9,554,286 people), or 183 gallons per capita per year (4 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Jordan
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Jordan produces
403.00 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 114th in the world.
- Jordan produces every year an amount equivalent to 14.7% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Jordan imports 52% of its oil consumption (59,567 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production