Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Qatar
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Qatar holds 25,244,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 13th in the world and accounting for about
1.5% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Qatar has proven reserves equivalent to 402.1 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 402 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 13th
| Share of World: 1.53 %
402 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Qatar
Oil Consumption in Qatar
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Qatar consumes 172,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Qatar ranks 59th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.2% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Qatar consumes 2.72 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 2,654,374 people), or 993 gallons per capita per year (24 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Qatar
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Qatar produces
1,987,192.98 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 14th in the world.
- Qatar produces every year an amount equivalent to 2.9% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Qatar exports 25% of its oil production (503,415 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production