Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Romania
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Romania holds 600,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 44th in the world and accounting for about
0.0% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Romania has proven reserves equivalent to 8.2 times its annual consumption. This means that, without imports, there would be about 8 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 44th
| Share of World: 0.04 %
8 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Romania
Oil Consumption in Romania
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Romania consumes 200,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Romania ranks 56th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.2% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Romania consumes 0.42 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 19,796,285 people), or 155 gallons per capita per year (4 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Romania
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Romania produces
96,469.84 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 51st in the world.
- Romania produces every year an amount equivalent to 5.9% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Romania imports 74% of its oil consumption (148,428 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production