Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Thailand
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Thailand holds 404,890,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 50th in the world and accounting for about
0.0% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Total Oil Reserves in Thailand are less than even a single year of oil consumption (475,230,000 barrels as of 2016), making Thailand highly dependent on oil imports in order to substain its consumption levels.
Global Rank: 50th
| Share of World: 0.02 %
1 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Thailand
Oil Consumption in Thailand
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Thailand consumes 1,302,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Thailand ranks 17th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 1.3% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Thailand consumes 0.79 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 68,971,308 people), or 289 gallons per capita per year (7 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Thailand
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Thailand produces
531,328.59 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 29th in the world.
- Thailand produces every year an amount equivalent to 47.9% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Thailand imports 65% of its oil consumption (842,209 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production